Below are the speakers listed on the program for the conference as well as individuals we have the chance to meet outside of the conference. Click on their name to view their accomplishments on their LinkedIn Profile.
Linda Shipley Martin – Partner and Managing Director at Porter Novelli PR Firm
Cori Fox – American Idol
Faith Tusieseina – Universal Music Group
Jade Stevens – Special Projects Manager at Lagrants Communication
Gail Moscoso – Senior Publicist, Digital Publicity for Universal Studios Hollywood & Universal CityWalk
Philip Sokoloski – Vice President of Integrated Communications for FilmL.A. & PRSA Chapter President – Elect
Todd Cooley – Todd Cooley Company
Mike Kilroy – Global Results Communications
Robyn Harney – Sony Pictures Television
Vanessa Kromer – Nederlander Concerts
Octavio Navarro – Mazda North American Operations
I am in the process of compiling a research report for each of these speakers as well as the companies they work for. I am also coming up with three questions for each presenter and three additional questions listed under their company.
Questions I have for Cori Fox:
- What steps did you take to make the move out to Los Angeles?
- What are some setbacks you experienced with your first job in Los Angeles and how did you overcome them?
- With this being American Idol’s last season, where do you see yourself going next?
- How involved are you in the process of the show?
- Who’s your favorite judge?
- What challenges have you ran into and how have you resolved them?
Questions I have for Faith Tusieseina:
- Did you have any connections when you moved to California?
- Can you pinpoint one thing you’re glad you learned looking back at your career at UVU?
- What advice do you have going into a first day at a PR firm?
- Describe a day in the office.
- What are some of the perks of working for UMG?
- Do you assist in PR work for specific artists?
Questions I have for the Los Angeles PRSA Chapter:
- Can PRSA membership outside of Los Angeles be transferred to the Los Angeles chapter?
- How many professionals attend the monthly events?
- How far in advance are the events on the events calendar planned?
I have also made updates to my resume and business cards after receiving recommendations from my professor.
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Follow me on Twitter for updates.
Follow Next Generation PR at California State University of Fullerton for updates on the conference.